Britcar Trophy are pleased to announce that there will be a separate class for the Ginetta G40 Cup cars and the Class will aim to provide drivers with a cost effective, fun environment to go racing, with the emphasis on competing with likeminded individuals whilst still providing a high profile, professionally run championship.
Ash Gallagher, Motorsport Manager at Ginetta, writes "In collaboration with Britcar and Andy Johnson at SVG Motorsport, as of the 2022 season there will be a dedicated class for G40 Cup spec cars that will run withing the Britcar Trophy Championship.
A brief summary of the plan for the category is as follows:
- Class within Britcar Trophy called ‘Ginetta G40 Cup Trophy’
- Quali and 2 x 50 minute races per event
- Sunday Only Races (with the exception of Croft)
- Cars can have 2 drivers or a single driver
- Trophy for the top three cars in each race
- Aimed at amateur drivers, either over 30 years old or having never raced before
- Championship will be operated by Andy Johnson from SVG under licence by Ginetta
- Parts support at events
- Garages at every round
- Cars run on a Dunlop Direzza Track day Tyre
- Access to the Britcar hospitality on race days
- Entries will be submitted via Andy Johnson at SVG
"The Class will aim to provide drivers with a cost effective, fun environment to go racing, with the emphasis on competing with likeminded individuals whilst still providing a high profile, professionally run series."
Britcar Trophy Championship Provisional 2022 Dates
|13th March||Silverstone Grand Prix|
|23rd & 24th April||Croft|
|15th May||Snetterton (300)|
|19th June||Silverstone Grand Prix|
|14th August||Donington National|
|23rdd October||Donington Grand Prix|
The entry fees will be announced shortly, but if you would like further information in the meantime, particularly on the availability of cars, please feel free to contact Andy on 07860473512 or email email@example.com